One of the most common questions in interviews is about your plans. Interviewers want to know that you have a plan and are thinking long-term. They’re also looking for clues about your motivation and ambition.
Here are some tips on how to discuss your plans in an interview:
1. Know what you want. Before you can communicate your plans to others, you need to understand what you want for yourself. Take some time to reflect on your goals and aspirations. What are you looking for in your career? What kind of lifestyle do you want to lead?
2. Be able to articulate your plans. Once you know what you want, be able to articulate it clearly and concisely. When answering questions about your plans, avoid rambling or sounding uncertain. Stay focused on what you want and how you plan to achieve it.
3. Have a realistic perspective. It’s important to be realistic about your plans as well. Don’t aim too high or set unrealistic goals for yourself. Make sure your plans are attainable and within reach.
4. Show enthusiasm. When discussing your plans, make sure to show enthusiasm and excitement. This will convey that you’re motivated and eager to grow in your career.
5. Be prepared to answer questions. The interviewer may ask you questions about your plans, so be prepared to answer them. Have a few solid examples ready to go.
You can communicate your plans confidently and convincingly in an interview setting by following these tips. Show the interviewer that you’re thinking long-term and are motivated to grow in your career.
Pros and cons of plans in an interview
There are pros and cons to discussing your plans in an interview. On the one hand, it can show the interviewer that you’re motivated and eager to grow in your career. On the other hand, it can also make you appear unrealistic or uncertain. It’s important to be realistic about your plans and avoid setting too high expectations.
Be prepared to answer any questions the interviewer may have about your plans. Have a few solid examples ready to go. If you can communicate your plans confidently and convincingly, you’ll stand out from the other candidates.
Books to read on plans in an interview
If you’re looking for books to read on plans in an interview setting, here are a few suggestions:
1. “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” by Stephen Covey
One of the best books on plans is “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” by Stephen Covey. This book outlines the seven essential habits that are critical for success. It teaches you how to develop a mindset of abundance and achieve your goals in life.
2. “The Power of Intention” by Wayne Dyer
“The Power of Intention” by Wayne Dyer is another great read on future planning. This book discusses the law of attraction and how to manifest your desires. It teaches you how to set goals and achieve them using the power of intention.
3. “The 5 Kinetic Rules of Creative Leadership” by Michael Bungay Stanier
“The 5 Kinetic Rules of Creative Leadership” by Michael Bungay Stanier is a great book for anyone looking to advance their career. It teaches you how to be a more creative and innovative leader. If you’re looking to make a change in your career, this book can help you get started.
4. “The 8th Habit: From Effectiveness to Greatness” by Stephen Covey
Another book by Stephen Covey, “The 8th Habit: From Effectiveness to Greatness”, is a great read for anyone looking to grow in their career. It teaches you how to move from being effective to becoming truly great. If you want to achieve more in your career, this book can help you.
5. “The Lean Start-Up: How Constant Innovation Creates Radically Successful Businesses” by Eric Ries
“The Lean Start-up: How Constant Innovation Creates Radically Successful Businesses” by Eric Ries is a great read for anyone starting their own business. It teaches you how to build a successful business through constant innovation. If you’re looking to start your own business, this book can help you get started.